These tacos have baked shrimp with cornflakes and a bunch of flavorful seasonings! It’s a great nutritious choice while packing in flavor and a beautiful golden color! So delicious and would be a hit for both kids and adults!
The other day, I wanted to find a new creative way to make shrimp tacos. I’m such a big fan of tacos and can have them days in a row. As much as I love my carne asada and lengua tacos, seafood and fish tacos win me over because of the fresh veggies in there. It’s so refreshing in each bite!
I decided to bake the shrimp with a cornflake breading which was honestly one of the best decisions I’ve made. My husband didn’t even know it was cereal until I told him – and he was so surprised!
When it comes to tacos, it’s really the protein option and sauce that ties everything together. I added some avocado crema which was avocado blended with olive oil, sea salt and garlic. I also added in diced avocado chunks because I just can’t get enough of avocados!
Baked Crusted Shrimp Tacos
- 8 oz shrimp about 10-12, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 4 medium corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage mix
- chopped tomatoes and onions
- avocado crema
- 1/2 avocado diced
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line baking pan with baking sheet and oil spray.
- Prepare 3 shallow bowls for coating/dipping; one with whole wheat flour, one with a whisked egg and one with crushed corn flakes, sea salt, garlic, cumin, basil and paprika.
- First, coat shrimp in flour. Next, dip into egg. Lastly, coat both sides with seasoned cornflake mixture. place onto baking pan to bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy golden.
- Prepare tacos by warming up corn tortillas. Then add cabbage slaw, tomatoes, onions and then 3-4 pieces of crusted shrimp. Top with avocado crema and diced avocado!