Lemon chia seed muffins topped with an easy lemon glaze on top! It’s fluffy, perfectly sweet and a great snack option!
I’ve been all into baking and using lemon in a bunch of my recipes. I love adding lemon zest or a squeeze of lemon into my muffins, waffles and pancakes! My favorite add-ins are chia seeds, poppyseeds, raspberries or blueberries!
The lemon glaze on top is a much needed topping for the muffins!
Lemon Chia Seed Muffins
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin tin with liners, spray with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together maple syrup, melted butter, lemon juice, vanilla extract and almond milk. Mix in yogurt.
- In another large mixing bowl, add flours, lemon zest, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Mix well, then add dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Transfer batter into muffin tins until 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking, prepare lemon glaze. Drizzle on top of muffins after muffins are cooled for 10 minutes.