Saving time with this recipe since the pasta is cooked with the simmering marinara sauce! Made with fresh garlic, packed with veggies and delicious chicken thigh chunks!
Marinara sauce isn’t only for spaghetti dishes, but there’s so much more you can do with it! This orzo pasta is a different twist to both pasta and marinara sauce dishes! I also made Cheesy Marinara Baked Pizza Rolls which is like pizza in cinnamon roll form – HIGHLY RECOMMEND for both parties and kids! I also made baked spaghetti squash boats with marinara sauce as well!
This one includes starch, protein and veggies all in one! Honestly, those are my favorite dishes because it makes clean-up and reheating so much easier!
One-Pan Chicken Marinara Orzo
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 4 cups baby spinach packed
- 1 pound chicken thighs chunks
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup orzo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese optional
- In a large skillet, preheat to medium heat with olive oil. Add garlic and yellow onions to cook until fragrant and onions soften.
- Add in chicken thighs with italian seasoning. Cook until chicken juices run clear.
- Pour in marinara sauce and chicken broth, bring to boil.
- Add in orzo to simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- When most of the liquids are cooked up, stir in 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep on low heat for another 1-2 minutes until cheese melts, then turn off heat. Serve with fresh parsley garnish if desired!