These are chunky cookies filled with peanut butter and chocolate – the best of both worlds! They’re thick and crunchy and great for some weekend baking! The texture is addicting!
After I made this batch of cookies, I knew it would take some self control! I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate so adding it together into a cookie was SUCH a good idea!
I love chewy soft cookies but I’m also a fan of crunchy and thick cookies! They aren’t overly sweet which I prefer too!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teapsoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or liner.
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, coconut oil, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking soda and sea salt. Fold in chocolate chips and mix until dough forms. Form into 12 golf ball sized cookies. Place on sheet at least 1 1/2 inches apart, slightly flattened.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on sheet before transferring to cooling rack.