Gluten-free, moist and filled with an ooey gooey center layer of melted chocolate! What better way to celebrate a long work day than with chocolate? This takes 20 minutes in the oven!
One thing I love about single-serving baked goods is that I can switch things up quickly! Instead of making a large loaf or a bunch of muffins to last several days, I can have something new everyday!
Also, for chocolate cake, as much as an entire cake sounds good to last a while, a single serving one satisfies just as much!
This cake is gluten-free since it’s made with almond flour and has chocolate chips in the center so it’s like lava cake when you dig in! So delicious, sweet and a yummy dessert – of course, just for one (you).
Single Serving Chocolate Filled Cake
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a ramekin with coconut oil or butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, cacao powder, baking powder, sea salt, egg, almond milk and maple syrup.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until melted.
- Add half of cake batter to the bottom of ramekin. Add melted chocolate in center, then add remaining batter on top. Bake for 20 minutes! Top with more chocolate chips and sliced almonds, then dig in!
Leave a Reply