Strawberry season means that berries taste like candy! These crumble bars are gluten-free and each bite is filled with extra-sweet strawberries in each bite!
It’s May so berries are in season and so sweet right now! I’ve been stocking up on strawberries, blueberries and raspberries! I love them for smoothies, baking and snacking on! Buying produce in season means you’re getting them at a better value and quality!
I’ve been obsessed with making smoothies and my favorite combo is this Blueberry Banana Smoothie! Just 6 ingredients and naturally sweetened with fruit 🙂
These bars have a layer of sliced strawberries in the center so each bite will be filled with fresh strawberries!
Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 1/2 a lemon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, flour, sugar and sea salt. Pour in coconut oil and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Transfer 1/2 of the oat mixture to the bottom of the baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together strawberries and fresh lemon juice. Spread out strawberries into a single layer. Sprinkle cornstarch and sugar evenly on top.
- Add the rest of the oat mixture on top, using a spatula to smooth out evenly. Some strawberries may still peek through!
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the top crumble slightly browns. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars!