A light and refreshing noodle salad served cold as a side or a light meal itself! Filled with crunchy veggies like green cabbage, shredded carrots and bean sprouts! Ready in 30 minutes and can be eaten cold out the fridge!
I love easy meals with lots of crunchy fresh veggies like this! There’s a bit of unique crunch in each veggie; green cabbage, red bell peppers and bean sprouts. The herby flavor mainly comes from the chopped cilantro and green onions!
This is a simple salad that is great served with grilled chicken or other grilled meats! I added in shrimp which was light in flavor!
I first had this dish about 4 years ago at one of my favorite Vietnamese restaurants! I would get it over and over again but never attempted to make it at home myself. Now I realized it’s actually a lot easier than expected. I’ve had it with grilled pork, grilled lemongrass chicken and grilled steak. With grilled meats, it’s more of a full meal, compared to shrimp, it can be a light side dish!
Add in some fresh basil or mint if you like it even more herby!
Vermicelli Shrimp Noodle Salad
- 8 oz vermicelli noodles
- 3 cups green cabbage
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 8 oz shrimp or ground chicken
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Add all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Leave to side.
- Prepare vermicelli noodles according to package instructions. Drain completely, removing all excess water. Drain on top of paper towel as needed to remove water.
- Preheat a pan to medium heat with 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add shrimp or shredded chicken to cook until done.
- Add cooked shrimp/chicken into a large bowl with vermicelli. Toss in green cabbage, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, green onions, cilantro and dressing! Top with extra green onions if desired!