Simple homemade hot chocolate perfect to cozy up with in the colder months! I love making my own hot chocolate from home so I can control the sweetness flavor. This is definitely a drink you need to try!
In the colder months, I crave warm lattes and hot chocolate drinks like this! Of course, I had to take it into my own hands and make it from home with just 5 simple ingredients!
I sweetened this drink with melted chocolate and maple syrup. The chocolate brings a creamier and richer consistency to the drink so it’s a must! Top your beverage with marshmallows and cinnamon for serving!
What other drinks should I make during these colder months? I love trying new recipes and doing remakes of holiday drinks!
5-Ingredient Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk of choice I used almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- splash of vanilla extract
- mini marshmallows
- whipped topping
- Add milk, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a small saucepan on medium heat until warm, don’t boil!
- Turn to low heat when warmed and add in chocolate chips and vanilla extract to whisk until melted, about 10-15 seconds. Make sure you gently whisk or else the chocolate will stick to the bottom! Turn off heat and transfer to a mug. Top with mini marshmallows/whipped topping!