Just like those Smuckers Peanut butter and Jelly Uncrustables Sandwiches but homemade and better! I always grabbed one for breakfast/lunch growing up so I was nostalgic eating this. Also, a simple PB&J always satisfies!
When I was in elementary school, I’d always grab the red Uncrustables since that’s the peanut butter and jelly filling! I wasn’t a fan of grape jelly (and still not really).
These were a staple growing up so making it from home with my own bread and pan-frying it like french toast made it taste amazing! A simple peanut butter and jelly always hits the spot.
This is a recipe worth trying!
Homemade Almond Butter & Jelly Uncrustables French Toast
- 4 slices bread
- 4 tablespoons almond butter or other nut butter of choice
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jelly
French Toast Mixture
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Use the top of a wide mouth mug to cut out 4 rounds of bread.
- On two round slices, spread nut butter. On the other two slices, spread strawberry jelly. Sandwich together each half.
- Whisk together french toast in mixture and soak both sides of sandwich for at least 1 minute.
- Preheat large pan to medium heat with coconut oil. Add uncrustables sandwich to pan to cook each side until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Plate with fresh berries and shredded coconut!