Soft and fluffy cookies made with almond flour and perfect for little almond butter sandwiches! These are a delicious snack and a switch-up from your usual packaged peanut butter sandwich cookies!
If I were to pick, I choose soft cookies over crunchy! The best ones are slightly crunchy/soft on the outside and super soft on the inside when warmed up. These cookies are stuffed with chocolate espresso almond butter, but you can add in any nut butter you have!
I grew up on the store-bought peanut butter sandwiches cookies, which I still buy now from time to time. At home, I like to experiment on recreating recipes. Honestly, you can sandwich any cookies with nut butter so if you want, oatmeal raisin cookies with almond butter would work too, which actually sounds pretty good to me right now. It’s up to what you like and what ingredients you have on hand.
This recipe only makes 6 cookies since I was just testing out the recipe, but you can double it to make a dozen cookies for 6 sandwich cookies.
Almond Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 2 tbsp plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour or use all almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Almond Butter Filling
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, add egg, yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla and coconut sugar.
- Add almond flour, oat flour and baking powder. fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls to place onto baking sheet, slightly flatten. Add more chocolate chips on top if desired. Bake for 16 mins!
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before spreading 2 tbsp nut butter filling onto one cookie. Top with another cookie and repeat with remaining batch. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, fridge for 5 days or freezer for 2 weeks!