Creamy almond butter slathered in between toasts, dipped in a cinnamon egg almond milk mixture & pan-fried in coconut oil until golden brown! This recipe is a delicious way to change up your typical french toast recipe! Perfect to make on weekend mornings or during the holidays!
I recently came home from a Thanksgiving family trip to Mammoth and stopped by Erick Schat’s bakery! If you even drive past Bishop in California, I highly recommend Erick Schat’s because they have delicious sandwiches, baked goods, breads and more!!
I brought home some sheepherder’s bread, energy bread & jam! This recipe uses 2 slices of sheepherder’s bread which was so so delicious in this recipe! You can also use any sourdough or thick brioche bread! As long as the bread doesn’t get all soggy & can stand being soaked in the french toast mixture, it’s a good bread to use! Basically, more thick and more stale, the better!
I had plant-based yogurt and more creamy almond butter as sides for dipping! You can also use maple syrup or add powdered sugar on top! You can also sub another nut butter of your choice 🙂
Crispy Almond Butter Stuffed French Toast Bites
- 2 slices thick or brioche bread
- 2 tablespoons almond butter for filling
- Coconut oil, for cooking
French Toast Dip Mixture
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Splash of almond milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cut crusts off of bread and spread almond butter on side of one slice. Add other slice on top and cut into squares.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Dip both sides of breads into egg mixture.
- Preheat pan to medium heat with coconut oil. Pan-fry both sides of the bread until golden crispy brown. Serve with powdered sugar on top, maple syrup or yogurt as dips!