This loaf is made with fresh cranberries, freshly squeezed orange juice and orange zest! This is a delicious sweet and tart flavor combo perfect for the holiday season!
As much as I love a typical pumpkin loaf, it’s nice to switch things up to some new flavors! I’m a big fan of tangy, sweet and tart flavors and this loaf is just that!
Instead of using dried cranberries, fresh cranberries bring a much more juicy taste to each bite. I highly recommend not to switch to dried cranberries! The freshly squeezed orange juice and orange zest are such an important flavor addition to this loaf too!
I’m really loving this loaf right now and wonder why I didn’t make this combo earlier!
This was one of those recipes where after the first bite, I couldn’t hold back and quickly had to have another bite! Such a yummy loaf to have in the morning with coffee/tea or as a snack in the afternoon when you’re craving something sweet!
Cranberry Orange Loaf with Zesty Orange Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil softened
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
Zesty Orange Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice more as needed
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Zest entire lemon and squeeze out 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and sea salt.
- In another bowl, mix together almond milk, orange zest, fresh orange juice, softened coconut oil and eggs.
- Add dry mixture to wet and combine, do not overmix.
- In a small bowl, add fresh cranberries to toss with 1 tablespoon flour. Fold into better and pour into loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean! Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before pouring orange glaze on top and cut into slices!
[…] in a phase of loving fresh cranberries in baking! I made a Cranberry Orange Loaf recently and after, I HAD to make another recipe with fresh cranberries… so these cookies […]