Baked egg rolls filled with sautéed red and green cabbage in sesame oil and coconut aminos! Rolled up a garnish of green onions and sesame seeds! These make for a perfect and delicious appetizer!
I attempted my very first baked egg rolls on Mothers Day to bring home and everyone loved them so I wanted to make them again!
Egg rolls are usually fried but I decided to bake them and they still crisped up so well. They are a great appetizer to pair with your meals – I had this with chicken fried rice the other day. It reminds me of asian takeout, but better!
These eggs rolls are filled with both red and green cabbage, sesame flavors and green onions. I also had some sweet chili sauce for dipping.
Warm up the tortillas
Before rolling into egg rolls, warming the tortillas up in a pan for about 30 seconds on each side on low heat will help the tortillas roll better, without breaking on the folds.
Baked Veggie Egg Rolls
- 6 tortillas – 6 inch I used siete foods
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 cups raw cabbage, mix of red and green
- 1/4 cup green onions
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare baking mat with oil spray.
- Preheat pan to low-medium heat and sauté cabbage in sesame oil and coconut aminos.
- When done, turn off heat and toss in about 3 tbsp green onions
- Warm up tortillas in a pan on low heat, about 15-20 seconds on each side.
- Add about 2 tbsp cabbage into each tortilla, sprinkle extra green onions if desired and sesame seeds on top before rolling up.
- Place egg rolls on baking mat to be brushed with sesame oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes! Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping!