This lemon blueberry loaf is bursting with sweet and juicy blueberries with a lemon glaze on top! It’s perfect for a snack or dessert!
I’ve been baking SO many loaves during this quarantine. So far, I’ve made basic banana bread, chocolate walnut banana bread, strawberry banana bread, lemon poppyseed, lemon cake, lemon chia seed and a pecan walnut carrot cake loaf! There’s just something about the end result of baking a loaf that makes me so satisfied!!
This loaf is so easy to make! It’s a one bowl recipe with ingredients you can mix together in just 15 minutes before popping the loaf in the oven to do it’s magic!
I used both oat flour and almond flour in this recipes. Oat flour is one of my favorite flours to bake with! It’s a gluten-free option and can made at home by blending together your own raw oats. Oat flour can be used to replace most or all of all-purpose flour in your recipe.
Almond flour is also a gluten-free flour option. When you replace almond flour with wheat flour, it will lead to a different type of product. It’s not always an easy 1:1 sub with this flour. Baked products with almond flour tend to be flatter and more dense because it lacks gluten.
Baking with different flours is always an adventure to me. I love playing around with substitutes and seeing how each ingredient plays such a big role in it’s rising process, flavor and texture.
Don’t mind me as I go through my quarantine baking a bunch of loaves. I’ve been making at least one a week, most likely two and sometimes up to three!
This recipe is one I HAD to share! With the spring season, lemon flavors have been in. I had frozen blueberries so I decided to combine the two flavors together to make this baby!! The lemon glaze on top was seriously the perfect touch to it – it kicks the lemon flavor up a notch which I think is a necessity!!
Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- extra oat flour, for coating
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. prepare a 9 x 5 loaf pan with oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Add in oat flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, toss blueberries with 1-2 tbsp flour. Mix into batter and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before pouring lemon glaze on top slicing into 8 pieces!