Filled with homemade tomato jam, creamy avocado slices, radish sprouts and arugula! A delicious and nutrient dense breakfast idea that will satisfy you!
This tomato jam is delicious in a savory breakfast bagel, on toast, english muffins or your savory bowls! The tomato jam is a mix of both sweet + savory so it brings a kick and uniqueness to those simple boring sandwiches! This recipe makes a batch enough to last you 8 sandwiches worth of jam so that’s a plus because you’d want more after your first bite!!
Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
- 1 everything or plain bagel
- 4 tablespoons tomato jam recipe below
- Handful of radish sprouts about 2 tablespoons
- 1 slice heirloom tomato
- Handful of arugula
Sweet Tomato Jam
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound roma tomatoes about 3-4 large, finely diced
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar depending on sweetness preference
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- To prepare tomato jam, add olive oil and finely diced tomatoes into a pot/pan to warm up. Mix often, breaking up tomatoes Add in brown sugar to toast, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and sea salt. Stir and simmer for another 20 minutes until tomatoes are broken down.
- Prepare tomato jam. Instructions above!
- Toast bagel or bread. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of tomato jam on the inside of each slice.
- Add radish sprouts, sliced avocado, tomatoes and arugula. Add other slice of bagel or bread on top, cut in half and eat immediately!