Quick and easy recipe great for appetizer lettuce cups or as a main meal on top of rice! Marinated and grilled in a pan for a delicious sweet Asian BBQ flavor!
I’ve made this recipe multiple times already with lettuce and also on top of rice!
If you like sweet bulgogi flavors, this ones for you! If you haven’t tried bulgogi, then this is a sign for you to try it! Bulgogi is usually made with sliced beef, but it’s also delicious when cooked with chicken.
I used chicken breast for this recipe but chicken thighs work as well! I chopped the chicken into chunks but you can also slice them as well, which would decrease the cooking time a bit.
Pair it with my 10-minute Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad side dish for a meal! 🙂
I also have this Crispy Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Cups recipe on my blog!
Chicken Bulgogi Lettuce Cups
- 1 pound chicken breast diced
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 3-4 green onions finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- green onions for topping
- Prepare marinade by mixing together garlic, scallions, soy sauce, gochujang, honey, sesame oil, mirin, cornstarch, and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Slice chicken into strips and add into marinade. cover and refrigerate for a minimum 1 hour. You can even marinate it overnight!
- When ready to cook, preheat skillet with sesame oil and sauté sliced onions. When done transfer to a small bowl and leave to side.
- Add more sesame to skillet and add chicken to sear until lightly browned and sauce thickens up! Top with green onions and serve in lettuce or on top of rice!
Leave a Reply