This chicken pot pie is easy to make with leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken for an easy 30-minute weeknight meal! This version is dairy-free but definitely does not lack in flavor! This will be a family favorite!
Chicken pot pie is a comfort meal to me! I love making it with a pie crust but when I want to save on time, I’d make it with biscuits! It’s faster and makes for a quicker meal. I love the flaky biscuits + chicken filling together. To save even more on time, use store-bought biscuits. I bought the organic biscuits from TJs – great ingredients!
First, I cooked the bag of frozen veggies with olive oil and garlic. I added in flour BEFORE adding in liquids to prevent excessive clumping. After the flour is evenly coating the veggies, I poured in broth + unsweetened almond milk to simmer on low until thickened. I stirred often to prevent clumping. After, I stirred in chicken and seasoned with salt and pepper!
Simmering the chicken filling with veggies took about 15 minutes, which is when my oven is preheating! I transferred the filling into a greased casserole dish, added biscuits on top and baked it for 15 minutes!
Ta da! I left it in the oven for extra 2 minutes and got more toasty biscuits. Read the instructions on your biscuit container to figure out how long you need to bake the dish for. The baking is just for the biscuits since the filling is already cooked through!
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits (Dairy-Free)
- 2 large chicken breasts boiled and shredded OR shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 16-oz package frozen veggies
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package biscuit dough 4-6 count
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a 9×9 glass casserole dish with olive oil or butter.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat with olive oil. Add garlic to cook for 10 seconds, then add frozen veggies to cook for a minute. Slowly sprinkle flour on top and mix until evenly coated.
- Pour in chicken broth and almond milk. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring often to prevent clumping.
- Add in shredded chicken, sea salt and pepper. Transfer mixture into glass casserole dish.
- Add biscuit dough on top of the pot pie. Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are fully cooked.
[…] dough tins from Trader Joes to bake them to have with spreads and with sandwiches! I recently made Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits which were a hit! I love biscuits because of the soft and fluffy […]