Gluten-free and paleo chocolate chip banana muffins! Oil-free and sweetened with a bit of maple syrup! These are packed with melty chocolatey chips in each bite and makes for a delicious snack!
I’ve made banana bread loaves and muffins way more to count on two hands! Whenever I have overripe bananas, I immediately make banana bread or store it in the freezer for future baking!
I usually use oat flour for many of my recipes but I’ve been playing with almond and coconut flour a lot more recently! I love almond flour for it’s nutty and slightly sweet flavor. It’s one of my favorite flours for pancakes!
I added lots of chocolate chips into the batter and more on top! I feel like without chocolate or some buts, banana breads or muffins aren’t complete. It’s like the icing on the cake for me!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Almond Flour (Gluten Free, Paleo)
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ground almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare muffin tray with liners sprayed with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas. Whisk in eggs, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add in almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt. Fold in chocolate chips until just combined.
- Fill each muffin liner until 3/4 full and top each with extra chocolate chips. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean!