A twist to your favorite Twix bars but make it gluten-free and vegan! These are made with almond butter, chocolate and a shortbread base layer!
These three layer bars are an easy snack that will satisfy those sweet cravings! Not sure about you, but Twix bars were one of my favorite candies growing up!
Nothing against those Twix bars but this homemade version hit differently. I loved the shortbread layer crust and the twist of using almond butter in this recipe!!
The shortbread layer is made with coconut flour, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract!After the crust is baked until golden, you’ll add the almond butter filling on top to freeze until hardened, then the chocolate topping!
These are made in a loaf pan for a half batch. You can double the ingredients to make in a 8×8 pan! I lined the pan with parchment paper which I recommend instead of using an oil spray. The parchment paper helps with getting the bars out mess-free and more easily.
I love these so much and I hope you will too!
Easy Homemade Twix Bars (Vegan, GF)
Shortbread Crust (Bottom Layer)
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Almond Butter Filling (Middle Layer)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Chocolate Topping (Top Layer)
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut flour, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Use hands to press together.
- Press this shortbread crust layer onto bottom of baking pan and bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- To make the filling, add all ingredients into a small saucepan on low heat to melt together. Pour over baked shortbread crust. Allow to cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
- When cooling, prepare the chocolate topping later by melting chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Pour over the cooled caramel layer and place back into freezer for at least 30 minutes to set before cutting up!