Gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread made with almond flour and coconut flour! No artificial sweeteners and a great nutritious breakfast or snack! Each bite is filled with chocolate chips!
There is just something about banana bread that gets me every time. I love a thick and warm slice of freshly baked banana bread right out the oven (after waiting for it to a cool a bit first of course). It’s so good with a cup of coffee or as a snack mid-day! My favorites to add with banana bread is chocolate chips and walnuts!
This recipe is made with almond flour, coconut flour and sweetened with maple syrup. Instead of using butter or coconut oil, I subbed it for creamy almond butter. Make sure the almond butter is creamy, otherwise, you’ll need to add more almond milk!
Enjoy this recipe!! <3 xx
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Gluten-Free)
- 3 overripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips more for topping
- Preheat pan to 350F. Prepare 8×4 loaf pan with oil spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash 3 bananas with a fork. whisk in eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla.
- Add in almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and smooth top with spatula. sprinkle more chocolate chips on top. bake loaf for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean!