Fluffy and soft cake donuts coated in rich chocolate! Baked only for 15 minutes! A delicious alternative to those store-bought fried donuts!
I’m a donut lover, that’s for sure! My husband and I got donuts on our first date. 4 years later, we still get donuts often. Our favorite donut shop opened a store very close to where we live so we literally went 1-2 times a week, it was an obsession. We’ve toned down since then.
Instead of buying donuts so often, I decided to make some at home! I prefer cake donuts over yeast so these were delicious! There isn’t any yeast required so it’s a recipe ready in under 30 minutes! I used almond so it’s gluten-free! The donut was completely dunked in melty rich chocolate chunks to coat.
Here’s what the inside looks like! I like it fluffy and more dense!
I baked the donuts by itself first, then allowed it to cool for 15 minutes before dunking in melty chocolate to coat. I placed them in the fridge to harden but you can also leave it at room temperature. It will just take longer.
I’ve had a donut pan for a while now so I’ll definitely be making more donut recipes in the near future!
Chocolate Coasted Almond Flour Cake Donuts
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons creamy cashew or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chunks melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray donut pan to grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to combine.
- Whisk in eggs, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, almond milk and vanilla.
- Transfer batter evenly to greased donut pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a dark golden brown color.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling back to cool for another 10 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwavable bowl to melt.
- Coat donuts completely with melted chocolate and place on a tray/plate to harden.
Leave a Reply