Another popular Asian takeout dish! Stir-fried in a sweet and savory sauce with bell peppers and onions! Delicious with a bed of warm rice and garnish of sesame seeds!
Mongolian recipes are usually made with sliced beef but I decided to use chicken and add a little more veggies 🙂 The base of this sauce is soy sauce sweetened with brown sugar. I also have some other Asian Chicken recipes on my blog that I make very often!
The sauce can be made ahead of time to be left in the fridge. You can also marinate the chicken overnight for more flavor!
Asian Mongolian Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 bundle green onions 2" slicesIn a large shallow bowl, add chicken pieces and cornstarch to coat.
- In a large shallow bowl, add chicken pieces and cornstarch to coat.
- Preheat a large pan with sesame oil. Add bell peppers and onions, cook until softened, then remove from pan and leave to side.
- Add more sesame oil to pan and add coated chicken pieces. Cook on all sides until browned.
- Bring to low heat, then add in garlic, ginger, soy sauce, warm water and brown sugar. Stir to coat. Allow to simmer until sauce is thickened. Stir in green onions and veggies.
- Serve over rice with a garnish of more green onions and sesame seeds!