Crispy, golden brown and dusted with sweet cinnamon sugar! Think about those cinnamon sugar pretzels and churro sticks but breakfast dessert style! These are so simple to make and just require 15 minutes of your time!
Auntie Anne’s cinnamon sugar pretzels and pretzel bites were my ultimate favorite growing up. I couldn’t resist walking by without getting some. They’re the perfect texture with the dust of cinnamon sugar.. omg I’m salivating just thinking about it!
Also, churros from Disneyland were a must. I admit, it’s overpriced but I feel like it’s that “disneyland churro” experience y’know?
These waffles are prepared like regular waffles. I just brushed them with melted coconut oil (you can also use melted butter) before tossing and sprinkling with cinnamon sugar. This is a MUST TRY if you’re a cinnamon sugar fan!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk add more as needed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat waffle maker with some oil spray.
- Whisk together wet ingredients first; egg, maple syrup, almond milk, oil and vanilla. Add in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Pour into waffle maker and cook until done.
- While waffles are cooking, mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush waffles with melted coconut oil and then toss in cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve immediately!