Packed with raw veggies and fresh herbs for a dish packed with refreshing and amazing flavor! The cilantro, mint, crushed peanuts and dressing bring together the entire recipe! This is delicious on top of vermicelli or with lettuce wraps!
Cilantro and mint brings so much refreshing flavor to this recipe! The crushed peanuts are a must since it adds a nutty crunch in each bite!
Only the chicken needs to be cooked here. The rest if just chopping and tossing! It’s an easy recipe!
Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 small cucumbers sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup mint leaves packed
- 3/4 cup cilantro packed
- Crushed peanuts for topping
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat with olive or sesame oil. Add ground chicken to cook until no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare and chop all veggies – cabbage, red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, carrots, mint and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add all chopped veggies into a large bowl along with cooked chicken. Toss in sauce to combine! This will last up to 3 days in the fridge!