Homemade coffee cake that pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee for those mornings! This is topped with a sweet cinnamon streusel topping that makes this taste like it’s straight for your favorite coffee shop!
Did you know that coffee cake doesn’t usually have coffee? It started off as a sweet bread that typically pairs well with coffee in the morning, which eventually turned into a coffee crumble cake like this!
There’s just something about having a slice with a cup of warm coffee in the morning. It brings a sense of comfort and that’s what I’m all about!
Whenever I go to a coffee shop, I always get a blueberry muffin or coffee cake. It’s one of my two go-to’s unless there is something else more enticing to me.
I was so happy with how this recipe came out! I’ve made multiple coffee cake recipes and nothing came out as good as this one. That’s what it’s like to bake right? You just keep playing around with ingredients and hope that it comes out okay! 🙂 Trust me, you won’t want to miss out on this recipe.
What drink would you pair this coffee cake with? I also love chai and matcha lattes! 🙂
Coffee Cake with Sweet Cinnamon Streusel
- 1 stick butter or ghee melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter/ghee cut into chunks
- Preheat oven 350 F. Prepare a 9 inch pie dish or 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together melted butter and sugar. Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Transfer to baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together cinnamon streusel topping ingredients; oat flour, brown sugar, cane sugar, cinnamon, salt and butter. Sprinkle the cake batter evenly with streusel.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean! Cool for 15 minutes before cutting into slices or bars.