Fudgy, gluten-free and filled with coconut shavings! These make for a perfect snack in the afternoon or dessert after your meals. Every time I make a batch of these, they don’t last long!
I topped them with a smooth and creamy peanut butter with extra shredded coconut on top! I always love adding an extra slather of nut butter or frosting on top of my baked foods.. it’s the perfect touch! You can also switch out the peanut butter for almond butter or cashew butter.
I’m a sucker for recipe bars and chocolate flavors. Every time there’s only a few minutes left before I take them out the oven, I get really excited, especially since it smells up my entire apartment. That waiting period for cool down because cutting into bars is a real test of patience. Definitely worth it 😛
That extra peanut butter slather and shredded coconut on top is required! You can also melt some coconut oil with the peanut butter to enhance the flavor and add cacao nibs on top.
Coconut Peanut Butter Coconut Flour Brownies
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut and more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 8 x 8 baking pan with oil spray or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together coconut flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, maple syrup, eggs, melted coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a spatula, mix 1/2 cup shredded coconut into batter.
- Add batter into baking pan and smooth out with spatula. Sprinkle extra shredded coconut on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into 9 squares! Place leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days!
Leave a Reply