These are chewy, only have a base of 6 ingredients and tastes so much better homemade! Remember those chewy bars we grew up eating? These are upgraded and can be tailored to whatever add-ins you’d like!
These are 100% worth making at home! The flavor of a homemade bar just tastes so comforting and more delicious to me!
The base is simply the following ingredients:
Peanut butter: This works as a binder in the recipe. I used peanut butter but you can sub it for creamy almond butter or cashew butter. Only use creamy nut butters because they will work better in this recipe!
Honey: This always works to help keep all the ingredients together while working as a sweetener. Use agave is you’re planning to make this vegan!
Vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt: All go a long way in making the flavors come together!
Rolled oats: Rolled or instant oats work.
Almonds: I used whole almonds but you can used sliced.
Other add-ins of choice: Hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds or flaxmeal, white chocolate chips, chocolate chips, dried fruits, etc
Peanut Butter and Almond Chewy Granola Bars
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter can sub almond butter or cashew butter
- 1/2 cup honey agave for vegan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole almonds can used crushed
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, continue to stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture onto parchment paper, pressing firmly with another piece of parchment paper on top.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour before cutting into bars! Store remaining in the fridge.
Leave a Reply