Bringing in the fall spices and cozy flavors in this mug cake! Ready in under 5 minutes and single serving, perfect for those busy mornings and when you’re craving cake!
The best thing about mug cakes is how it’s single serving and takes only 5 minutes to prepare! I used cinnamon + pumpkin spice mix (mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves). Yes, I added more cinnamon because I’m a cinnamon lover!
For my mug cakes, I prefer low and wide mouth mugs so it’s cooks better in the microwave compared to deeper and more shallow mugs. My mug holds 16oz and it fit all the ingredients in here perfectly!
Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice together in a microwavable mug.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla.
- Microwave for 2 minutes. Top with bananas, cinnamon and yogurt.