Gluten-free, soft and moist gingerbread loaf with a perfect honey cream cheese frosting on top! Made with molasses, ginger and other fall spices!
I make a lot of baked loaves but this one definitely rocked the fall spices game. This gingerbread loaf is moist and packed with some of my favorite fall spices!
In this loaf, there is ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Coming out the oven, felt like my tastebuds found heaven. Okay, just kidding. You know what I mean! The frosting added on top was the perfect touch to bring all the flavors together.
This was one of the loaves I couldn’t stop raving about! Even when it’s not fall or winter anymore, I would still totally make this loaf!
Gingerbread Loaf with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 egg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz softened cream cheese i used vegan
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with oil or line with parchment paper.
- Whisk together egg and applesauce. Add in melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Transfer to baking pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- When done cooling, spread honey cream cheese on top, sprinkle with cinnamon and then cut into 8 slices!