A moist, tender and delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf with a Lemon Icing! Baked with a perfect amount of poppy seeds! Perfect for breakfast, tea time or a snack!
This loaf was beyond amazing!! I’m still all about lemon flavors. Since I had a bunch of lemons at home, I put them to good use by baking this lemon poppyseed loaf.
It was so moist, with a delicate light crumb! The perfect balance of sweetness and tartness.
I made Lemon Chia Seed Muffins not too long ago! I used chia seeds because I didn’t have poppyseeds, but now that I do, it gives me another excuse for some more baking. What’s new? I’ve been all over my oven, baking a bunch of loaves, muffins, brownies and other desserts!
Many times when I bake, I have Jovin eat a majority of it, I bring it home to family when I visit or I just eat it all. Sometimes, I freeze it but it’s not often! I usually eat through a loaf myself in 3-4 days!
The lemon icing here is an essential. It adds lemon flavor to the loaf and brings all the flavors together.
Now what’re you waiting for? This lemon poppyseed loaf is waiting for you!
Lemon Poppyseed Loaf with Lemon Icing
- 1/2 cup ghee/butter melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup yogurt
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted ghee/butter
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare loaf 9 x 5 pan with parchment pap
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together melted butter and sugar. Add in egg, lemon juice, vanilla extract and almond milk. lastly, mix in yogurt.
- Add in flour, poppyseeds, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Transfer batter into loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While the loaf is baking, prepare lemon glaze. Drizzle all over loaf when completely cool, giving it at least 15-20 minutes. Slice in thick slices.