A flavorful lemon blueberry loaf topped with a 3 ingredient lemon glaze! Made with gluten free oat flour and plant based yogurt, with some lemon zest. This loaf will easily be your new favorite snack!
Lemon flavors in desserts are my thing. Lemon pound cake, lemon bars or lemon with blueberries/raspberries! These two flavors of lemon and blueberry just complement each other so well. This loaf is delicious with a cup of coffee or milk in the morning or as a snack!
This loaf is so moist! It reminds me of a fun summer flavor, packed with bright berries and citrus flavor!
Blueberries in Baking
It’s important to toss your frozen or fresh blueberries in a bit of flour to help prevent them from sinking to the bottom while baking! I used frozen blueberries in this recipe. If you use fresh ones, you may only need 60 minutes instead of 65 minutes of baking! It all depends on your oven though so use the toothpick trick to test the loaf!
I made a simple 4 ingredient lemon glaze with powdered sugar, lemon juice and almond milk! It pours on top smoothly but once the loaf cools, the glaze will harden like a crust.
Just staring at photos of this loaf makes me drool. It’s a summer loaf flavor but something I want all year round!
When this loaf cools, you can leave it in room temperature for up to 4 hours if you are going to eat it then! Otherwise, leave it in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for 1 month. Not that it would last that long because this loaf is just…. too good!!
Other Lemon Baked Desserts To Try:
Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf with Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare loaf pan with parchment paper or oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oat flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together vanilla yogurt, coconut oil, almond milk, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mix together 1 cup blueberries and about 1-2 tbsp of oat flour. Fold blueberries into batter and then transfer to baking pan.
- While loaf is baking, prepare lemon glaze. Leave in fridge until loaf is cooled!
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack to cool for another 20 minutes before adding glaze on top!