Fluffy, tangy & bursting with fresh lemon flavors! Made with almond flour so they’re gluten-free! Such a perfect summer or spring recipe!
I’ve been obsessed with making lemon cake, lemon loaves and lemon anything. Lemon is such a bright and simple ingredient that adds so much flavor with just a few squeezes. A few squeezes on baked fish or in a cake makes a huge difference. It activates and blends flavors together!
These bars are made with almond flour so they’re gluten-free. I haven’t tried substituting with any other flour so I wouldn’t recommend any replacement. Coconut flour is not an alternative btw, that flour works very differently!
Lemon Cake Bars (Gluten-Free)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vegan coconut or almond plain/vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 8 x 4 baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix almond flour, sugar, baking powder and sea salt.
- Whisk in eggs and fresh lemon juice. Add in yogurt, coconut oil and lemon zest. Fold until just combined.
- Transfer to baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then pour lemon glaze on top. Allow glaze to set for 5 minutes, then cut into squares!