Fluffy & moist lemon poppyseed cake that goes well with coffee in the mornings or as a snack! The fresh lemon juice and zest brighten up this recipe! This is a loaf you’d want to have especially in the summer seasons!
Lemon Poppyseed Cake Loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, poppyseeds, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light + fluffy. Crack in eggs and mix in lemon zest, lemon juice, almond milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredient bowl, Mix until just combined.
- Transfer mixture into mini loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes or until tops are browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When loaf is done, allow to cool for 15 minutes in loaf pan before slicing into 8 slices!