A simple pan-fried recipe with honey and garlic flavors. This dish is asian inspired and only takes 20 minutes to put together! Such a simple marinade that works well with tofu, chicken or pork!
Recently, I’ve been into honey + garlic flavors. I recently made an Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp recipe which has been on repeat. I changed it up a bit to make this tofu dish!
I grew up on lots of stir-fry dishes like noodles and meats with veggies. I’ve been inspired to create my own kind at home! Tofu is a plant-based protein made with soybeans and is also a great source of iron. It’s one of my favorite plant-based options as well as tempeh! I’ve been making it pretty often. I like to pan-fry it in a sauce or bake it in the oven as little cubes! The trick is to make sure you squeeze out all the water.
Sometimes, I don’t make the entire block of tofu because I want to cook two different styles. Leave the remaining tofu in a tightly sealed container submerged in fresh water to keep it fresh.
I used extra-firm tofu which works best in a stir fry dish so it doesn’t break easily like soft tofu does! Green onions have been a common garnish in many of my dishes in the past several months because I’ve been getting into regrowing my green onions over and over again 🙂
Pan-Fried Honey Garlic Tofu
- 16 oz container extra-firm tofu
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth can sub water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- more olive oil for cooking
- chopped green onions for topping
- In a large bowl, mix together vegetable broth, olive oil, coconut aminos/soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, honey, minced garlic, chili powder and cornstarch.
- Cut tofu into cubes or squares 3/4" thick. Add tofu into marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat frying pan to low-medium heat with olive oil. Add tofu pieces in and cook until golden brown on both sides. Pour all leftover sauce into pan. The sauce should thicken as it coats the tofu.
- Serve on top of rice, garnished with green onions!
[…] via Pan-Fried Marinated Tofu — WINNIESBALANCE […]
[…] staying-at-home, I’ve been making many asian inspired recipes like my pan-fried marinated tofu, honey garlic shrimp, crispy honey sesame chicken lettuce cups and baked veggie egg rolls. These […]