Bringing in the fall season with this homemade baked donuts filled with cozy spices! These donuts are fluffy, cakey and have a perfect light coating of maple vanilla icing on top!
I looove pumpkin so you be I was stoked for this upcoming fall season! I always have cans of pumpkin in my pantry to whip up recipes I get inspired to me – like this donuts!
They’re so fluffy, cakey and are dairy-free! Topped with a delicious maple vanilla icing!
These donuts will store at room temperature for 1 day or in the fridge for up to 3 days!
Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Maple Vanilla Icing
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup maple ssyrup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Maple Vanilla Icing
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted can sub coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat an oven to 350F. Prepare donut pan and spray with oil spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners sugar, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soba, sea salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon donut batter into pan until 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes until tops are lightly browned.
- When donuts are done, allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing. Dip donuts into maple glaze and place on wire rack to allow excess icing to drip down.