Delicious gluten-free and healthier thumbprint cookies filled with strawberry jam! Super simple and perfect for some weekend baking and a holiday recipe!
Most thumbprint cookies are made with lots of butter and cookie dough but these are a gluten-free & dairy-free alternative! I used strawberry jam but you can sub it with any other jam of choice as well!
Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup jam of choice I used strawberry
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together maple syrup, coconut oil, egg and vanilla.
- Add in almond flour and sea salt. Roll into balls about 1-inch diameter. Place onto baking sheet 1-inch apart.
- Using your thumb, gently press down in the center of each ball. Add in 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes until cookies lightly brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from baking pan onto cooling rack!