Easy Chinese takeout dish remake! Pan-fried sweet and sour chicken with a crispy coating and sweet tangy sauce made with 6 ingredients! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside!
Sweet and sour pork was one of those dishes I always go when I went to Chinese banquets! I changed it up with using chicken instead for my recipe!
Recently, I shared a Sesame Chicken recipe, which inspired me to make this sweet and sour chicken recipe! Both of them are delicious and has a perfectly thick and sticky sauce that goes so well in lettuce wraps or on top of rice.
There’s no need to pan-fry and bake the chicken. Everything is made in one pan which makes it much easier! You’ll just need to coat it in egg and flour before pan-frying!
This recipe is coated in egg and an almond flour + cornstarch mixture! I used almond flour so it’s gluten-free. The cornstarch helps thicken up the sauce when cooked!
Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into 1" chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Whisk together egg in a small shallow bowl. In another bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Dip chicken into eggs, then the flour mixture to coat.
- Preheat a large skillet with olive oil to medium heat. Add chicken pieces and cooked until browned and cooked throughout.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and pour over chicken to toss! Stir sauce until thickened!