Thai-style sweet and spicy pineapple and ground turkey fried rice! This is a great way to use up day-old rice and stores great as leftovers! There is also some chili garlic sauce mixed in for a kick of spice!
I’m a fan of pineapple in fried rice, and pineapple on pizza! I know it’s not a popular opinion but I just love the sweetness it adds to savory dishes.
This dish is a quick and easy recipe is you have leftover rice and extra pineapple to use up! The veggies I used in this dish was bell peppers, onions and green beans! You can also use peas and carrots if desired.
I also have some other fried rice recipes on my blog – Chicken Fried Rice, Garlic Sesame Turkey Fried Rice and Kimchi Fried Rice!
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Thai-style sweet and spicy pineapple and ground turkey fried rice! This is a great way to use up day-old rice and stores great as leftovers!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup onions diced
- 1/2 cup green beans chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chopped
- 4 stalks green onions chopped
- 16 oz ground turkey
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt more to taste
- Prepare chopped veggies and pineapples. Leave to side.
- Preheat a pan with sesame oil to low heat. Add in garlic to cook for 10 seconds, then pour in eggs. Stir frequently until just set, then remove from pan into a bowl.
- Wipe pan if necessary and add more oil. Add in onions, green beans, bell peppers and pineapple and cook until juices are evaporated. Stir in green onions. Transfer into same bowl as the eggs.
- Add more oil to pan and add ground turkey to cook until cook throughout. Add eggs + veggies back into pan. Stir in rice, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce – stir to combine.
[…] Thai Pineapple Fried Rice — WINNIESBALANCE […]