Crispy, sweet and tangy honey sesame chicken bowl with sautéed sugar snap peas! This recipe is a delicious alternative to your Asian takeout chicken!
This chicken was dipped in egg and a flour mixture to pan-fry in sesame oil until cooked throughout, then tossed with the honey sesame sauce!
Growing up, I’d eat popcorn chicken or orange chicken often and cooking up this recipe reminded me of those times! This is a great alternative to that deep fried chicken (even though both are just as delicious!).
I’ve tried this recipe with both oat flour and almond flour. Both work just as well! I’ve made a tweaked version of this recipe – Crispy Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Cups! The recipe in this post is similar but the sauce is a bit more simple!
I use to never sauté veggies unless it was in fried rice but I’m starting to do it again and I love it! For a good couple months, I just roasted all my veggies – zucchini, broccoli, squash, peppers, etc. It just made things easier! I’m starting to do more stir-fries recently!
This recipe may take a little extra time since you’re coating it to fry before tossing it with the sauce, but trust me, it is worth your time! 🙂 You’ll want to double or even triple the batch to ensure leftovers for dinner or the next day!
Crispy Sesame Chicken Rice Bowl (Gluten Free)
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into 1" chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour almond or oat flour works
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Honey Sesame Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame soil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Whisk together egg in a small shallow bowl. In another bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Dip chicken into eggs, then the flour mixture to coat.
- Preheat a large skillet with olive oil to medium heat. Add chicken pieces and cooked until browned and cooked throughout.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and pour over chicken to toss!