A nutritious and healthy dish! Savory, hot and sweet flavors all blended together perfectly! This bibimbap is topped with a fried egg, gochujang sauce and fresh veggies!
I love the savory, hot and sweet flavors all blended together! The assorted veggies and the endless variations to this dish at my favorite. Traditional versions are usually made with beef + egg but I subbed tofu + egg!
I sautéed the bean sprouts, carrots, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms and tofu cubes separately in sesame oil. After, I added it all together in a bowl with rice, drizzled with a gochujang sauce on top!
This has been one of my go-to dishes to order at Korean restaurants – packed with veggies and has a delicious blend of spicy, savory and sweet!
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups carrots chopped and cut into slices
- 2 large zucchinis chopped and cut into slices
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 15-oz block extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Mix bibimbap sauce ingredients until combined. Leave to side.
- Prepare veggies – slice up carrots, zucchini and shiitake mushrooms. Cut tofu into 1” cubes.
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Add in bean sprouts to boil for 2 minutes, then drain and toss with with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce and 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar.
- Preheat a skillet with sesame oil to medium heat. Add garlic to sauté for 10 seconds, then add in zucchini to cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove and leave to side.
- Add more sesame oil and carrots until softened, about 1 minute. Add salt to taste. Remove from pan.
- Add more sesame oil to pan. Add in baby spinach with soy sauce to cook for 30 second until wilted. Remove & leave to side.
- Add more sesame oil to pan, add shiitake mushrooms to cook with 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/2 fish sauce and 1 minced garlic.
- Fry egg in pan and cook tofu cubes with sesame oil.
- Assemble with a bed of rice, adding veggies, tofu and fried egg on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, drizzle with sesame oil and bibimbap sauce on top!