These are so simple with 4 ingredients and require no yeast! Perfect for a breakfast sandwich or warmed up and slathered with butter!
I love bagel sandwiches! The texture of the bagel bread in a sandwich just elevates it! These are so simple and quick because there is no yeast needed. I added in plant-based yogurt packed with protein so these kick a pick of protein too!
You can use any other plain greek yogurt. Instead of whole wheat flour, you can sub oat flour or all-purpose as well!
These will store well in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks! I recommend to slice them up and place a small piece of parchment paper in between the halves before freezing. This way, it will be easier to remove and toast from frozen!
4-Ingredient Sesame Poppyseed Whole Wheat Bagels
- 2 cups whole wheat flour can sub all-purpose or oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt I used plant-based
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line baking tray with baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, sea salt and yogurt. Place on a clean floured surface and knead until no longer sticky.
- Divide dough into 6 even pieces. Roll out into a long tubed shape, then join both ends to make a bagel shape. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg. Use a brush to lightly brush tops of each bagel and sprinkle sesame seeds and poppyseeds evenly on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top!