Here’s an easy meal prep idea to make ahead of time! These are made with simply ground turkey, veggies of choice, eggs and seasonings! I like to make a batch of these weekly and store them in my fridge for when I want a quick bite!
There’s 6 simple ingredients in this recipe. Ground turkey, veggies, eggs, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. If you’d like, you can also add in dried basil, oregano or shredded cheese (about 1/2 cup). You can even sprinkle some cheese on top!
I’ve been a lot more exhausted in pregnancy so recipes like this are my go-to. If I can get several meals out of one recipe & it doesn’t take much time to heat up, I’m for it! I’m currently 21 weeks, 22 weeks in 2 days. I’m a little over halfway and it’s becoming so much more real to me! One thing I know for sure is that this recipe will be a postpartum meal/snack. I will probably make 2 batches or so before my due date to store in the fridge/freezer!
I used baby spinach and broccoli in this recipe but you can substitute with any veggie you’d like; kale, onions, bell peppers, etc. Just make sure they’re finely chopped and cooked with the ground turkey in the pan before hand!
I cook the ground turkey and veggies before baking with the eggs in the oven because it brings more flavor!
6-ingredient Turkey & Egg Muffins (Easy Meal Prep and Breakfast)
- 1/2 pound ground turkey 8 oz
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup broccoli florets cut into small pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese optional
- Preheat pan to medium heat with olive oil. Add ground turkey to cook, add in broccoli to soften and baby spinach to wilt. Remove from pan and add into a mixing bowl.
- Wait for 5 minutes before cracking in eggs to prevent them from cooking. Whisk in shredded cheese if using, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Divide egg mixture into muffin tins and fill until 3/4 full. Bake for 14-15 minutes until tops bubble.