Gluten-free, light and fluffy mug cake ready in 60 seconds! All the ingredients were whisked together in the mug, microwaved and then topped with chocolate chunks and creamy almond butter. A perfect quick breakfast or snack!
I’ve been getting into mug cakes and I can’t stop. I mean, I still have my toasts very often but mug cakes are happening quite often recently 🙂 They’re just so easy to make and is ready in under 5 minutes!
I used almond flour for this recipe but you can also use oat flour! I’m working on a mug cake recipe for all the types of flour I have at home – almond flour (this recipe), oat flour, coconut flour, whole wheat flour and all purpose flour!
Also, these mug cakes are complete without some melted chocolate and creamy nut butter on top!
I didn’t add chocolate chunks into the batter but added it while it was still hot! I just love it melted in!
Here’s to one of my current fave breakfasts to make!!
Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Mug Cake (Gluten Free)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Chocolate chunks or chips
- Melt coconut oil in mug by microwaving for 15 seconds.
- Add rest of ingredients in and whisk together. Microwave for 60-90 seconds.
- Top with chocolate chunks/chips and allow them to melt on top. Add almond butter on top! Allow to chocolate to melt and cake to cool down for 1 minute before digging in!
Another delicious recipe I have to try! 🤤
I just wanted to thank you for this recipe!! It is my go to treat!I l prefer to mix in my chocolate chips pre-microwaving. 10/10 would recommend:)
I made this for breakfast this morning and it was super good. I added a splash of vanilla and 2 tbsp of oat flour because batter was a little runny. Don’t have a microwave now so I used a toaster oven and cooked in a ramkin at 350 for 15 to 20 min. Scrumptious. I might try adding collegen powder next time. I really would love to see this recipe larger scale for breakfast muffins or something! Point being, it’s tasty make it!