This loaf is bursting with sweet berry flavor and nutty crunch from pecans! Made with raw oats, all-purpose flour and both blueberries and blackberries.
After baking who knows how many loaves of banana bread , I was craving other kinds of loaves. Don’t get me wrong, I will always love banana bread and those loaves will never stop. Since it is summer, lemon flavors are occupying my mind more than ever!! Also, blueberries complement lemon flavors so well. The colors pop so beautifully too!
In this recipe, I used all-purpose flour, complemented with a cup of raw oats, which made this recipe taste like oatmeal in bread form. I loved it! If you know me, I always need some crunch in my bread. Walnuts and pecans are two nuts I commonly add into my loaves!
If only you can smell how good this loaf was! That’s honestly one of my favorite things from baking. When the loaf is done cooling and it’s time to cut them into slices, it’s like the moment of truth! The inside view of the slices make me excited! It’s the little things from food like this that make me happy.
This loaf would be great for breakfast or as a mid-day snack! Honestly, it works as dessert or a snack you can have any time of the day. Even though this is good by itself, it’s also delicious if you slather it with some nut butter or yogurt on top! For breakfast, I’ll have 2 slices with a cup of coffee or matcha!
If you like lemon and blueberry flavors, I also have some other recipes you can check out – lemon blueberry biscuit cookies, blueberry lemon poppyseed cake bars and lemon blueberry loaf! I’ll be making more baked foods with lemon and berries soon! I’m thinking raspberry? 🙂
Blueberry and Blackberry Pecan Oatmeal Loaf
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup raw oats
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- juice of 1 lemon, about 3 tbsp
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries quartered
- 1/2 cup pecans halved/crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×5 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, eggs, melted coconut oil and almond milk.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Fold in berries and pecans.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and top with extra pecans and raw oats. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the loaf pan before transferring to cooling rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces!