Cake bars packed with zesty lemon flavor and juicy blueberries in each bite! This is like your moist lemon poppyseed cake with a pop of fruitiness! Such a great summer flavor that you’ll love!
Alright, these are officially my favorite. I love lemon poppyseed cake and baking with blueberries so I thought why not incorporate both together? Honestly, it was the best decision I’ve been this past week. Also, the glaze on top is a must and not optional!
I’ve been using lemon in my baked goods, chia seed jams and baking white fish or lemon garlic flavors. I love citrus flavors because it helps balance out the dish/baked good in many ways!
The texture of these bars were so moist, had the perfect lemon and citrus flavor and were packed with juicy blueberries you would not want to live without. Well, at least for me, haha!
I bake with frozen blueberries often because I rarely get to baking a recipe before my blueberries decide to go bad on me. After buying blueberries. I leave them in the fridge and check up on them once a day, usually in the morning, to see when it’s time for it to go into the freezer! It’s usually 1-3 days before it goes into a freezer friendly bag. I like to throw them into smoothies or into recipes like this 🙂 The bright blue/purple color just makes me SO happy because it’s so beautiful!
I legit took so many photos of these cake bars but I only picked two here because I was obsessed with how good they were! You bet I’ll be making these over and over again 🙂
If you do decide to make my recipes, I’d love a rating or for you to share it and tag me on Instagram!
Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Cake Bars
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain/vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 350F and line parchment paper in a 8×13 or 9×13 baking tray.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut sugar and melted coconut oil. add in lemon juice, plain/vanilla yogurt, 2 eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in dry ingredients; oat flour, baking powder, sea salt and poppyseeds.
- If using frozen blueberries, add into a small mixing bowl and coat in 2 tbsp flour. If using fresh, just fold straight into batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes! Prepare lemon glaze.
- Wait for cake to cool for at least 15 minutes before adding glaze on top and cutting into 18 pieces.