Super fluffy pancakes made with simple ingredients – oat flour, naturally sweetened by a banana and a handful of juicy blueberries! Ready in 15 minutes and so easy to make!
A big question I ask myself is, waffles or pancakes? Waffles are more effortless to me because I just pour it in my waffle maker, which does the magic itself! Pancakes satisfy in a different way though. I love them soft and fluffy on the inside, and slightly brown and crispy on the outsides.
When I make pancakes, I usually lay them flat on my plate, but this time, I decided to stack them! When food looks good, it tastes so much better. Topped with blueberry chia seed jam, creamy cashew butter, granola, bee pollen and shredded coconut!
These pancakes are gluten free – made with oat flour and naturally sweetened with an overripe mashed banana. My overripe bananas are usually throw into pancakes/waffles or baked into walnut banana bread, banana bread cake bars, peanut butter banana muffins or some other recipe I create for the week! Overripe bananas are a common thing over here because they work so well in so many recipes!!
I’ve been making pancake stacks a lot more often now. I’m trying out different recipes and will continue to share with you all the delicious recipes!
Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oat or almond milk
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, mash banana and then add in egg and milk.
- Mix in oat flour, baking powder and sea salt. Bold in blueberries.
- In a pan, heat to low-medium heat with coconut oil.
- Add about 2-3 tbsp of batter for small pancakes. When bubbling, flip and cook until golden brown. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining batter. top with favorite toppings!