Soft & fluffy pancakes made with whole wheat flour and flavors of coconut and topped with a strawberry sauce! These can be made ahead of time or even frozen for a quick nutritious breakfast!
I’m heading to Hawaii in just two days and I’m beyond excited! Of course, I had some strawberries to use up so I decided to make a strawberry sauce for these coconut pancakes. I also have more fresh strawberries on the side. It’s April now so many berries are hitting grocery stores! I can’t wait to share more berry recipes 🙂
These are made with whole-wheat flour and so fluffy + soft! Usually many whole wheat recipes yields a dry chalky texture but these pancakes are NOT that! This is my go-to recipe whenever I use whole wheat flour. I’ve made this over 5 times already but this time, added a strawberry sauce on top! I like maple syrup on the side for dunking 🙂
I love pancakes and am always trying to test new recipes!
If you also love pancakes, check out my Blueberry Banana Pancakes and Almond Flour Pancakes and Oat Flour Cinnamon Apple Pie Pancakes!
Whole Wheat Coconut Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons full fat vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and sea salt.
- Whisk in coconut milk, egg, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla. Don’t overmix!
- Preheat coconut oil in pan to medium heat. Scoop 2 tbsp batter to pan and cook until bubbles on surface form, then flip and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Transfer pancakes to plate and top with strawberry sauce and serve!
- To make sauce, combine 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch and then set aside. Add in 1/2 cup water, maple syrup and strawberries to small pot on medium heat. Stir often until strawberries breakdown. Add in water + cornstarch and mix well. Turn off when sauce is thickened.
Leave a Reply