Soft & fluffy pancakes made with whole wheat flour and flavors of coconut and topped with a strawberry sauce! These can be made ahead of time or even frozen for a quick nutritious breakfast!
I’m heading to Hawaii in just two days and I’m beyond excited! Of course, I had some strawberries to use up so I decided to make a strawberry sauce for these coconut pancakes. I also have more fresh strawberries on the side. It’s April now so many berries are hitting grocery stores! I can’t wait to share more berry recipes 🙂
These are made with whole-wheat flour and so fluffy + soft! Usually many whole wheat recipes yields a dry chalky texture but these pancakes are NOT that! This is my go-to recipe whenever I use whole wheat flour. I’ve made this over 5 times already but this time, added a strawberry sauce on top! I like maple syrup on the side for dunking 🙂
I love pancakes and am always trying to test new recipes!
Whole Wheat Coconut Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons full fat vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and sea salt.
- Whisk in coconut milk, egg, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla. Don’t overmix!
- Preheat coconut oil in pan to medium heat. Scoop 2 tbsp batter to pan and cook until bubbles on surface form, then flip and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Transfer pancakes to plate and top with strawberry sauce and serve!
- To make sauce, combine 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch and then set aside. Add in 1/2 cup water, maple syrup and strawberries to small pot on medium heat. Stir often until strawberries breakdown. Add in water + cornstarch and mix well. Turn off when sauce is thickened.