This recipe is made with chicken breast cooked in a honey sesame sauce! Sweetened with a hint of honey and tangy flavor! It’s like your takeout order but healthier and from the comfort of your own kitchen!
This recipe is a healthier version of your typical Orange Chicken takeout! I’m also someone who loves the Orange Chicken from Panda Express…. yes, it’s my guilty pleasure. It’s just soo good for some reason y’know?? This recipe is not fried, but just as delicious!
Sesame seeds and green onions are two ingredients I find to flavor up asian dishes without much effort. A little sprinkle of both goes a long way. It’s like the final touch of icing on the cake!
The sweetness comes with natural orange juice and a touch of honey. The cornstarch in the recipe helps with thickening the sauce so it’s not all runny.
I paired it with some brown rice and green beans. You bet I made extra so I had extras for more meals!
This is a recipe you’d want to try! It’s a simple and easy better for you takeout dish you can whip together in under 30 minutes! It’s slightly sweet so it’s a recipe that kids will enjoy too!
Healthier Honey Sesame Orange Chicken
- 1 large chicken breast cut into chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
Honey Sesame Orange Sauce
- 2 tsp warm water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mirin or rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Prepare orange chicken sauce by mixing together 2 tsp warm water with cornstarch in a medium bowl. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Cut chicken into chunks and season with salt and pepper. Add into sauce and allow to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat pan to medium heat with sesame oil and add all the chicken with sauce into pan, cook until thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve on top of rice, side of veggies and with a garnish of green onions and sesame seeds!