If you tried to find these noodles in Singapore, you wouldn’t have any luck! These noodles are actually served in many Chinese restaurants and is a Cantonese dish. This dish consists of stir fried rice vermicelli, curry powder, vegetables, eggs and shrimp!
I’m in a phase of remaking LOTS of Asian noodle dishes! Recently, I made a Yaki Udon and Pad See Ew which are my favorites when ordering out! I love the chewiness of noodles and how in the end, everything is just tossed together into one dish!
I’ve been back in my kitchen cooking so many more recipes. My baby is almost 8 months.. and I feel more normal now, haha! I felt like the first couple months were just a blur. Also because we bought a home so it was a lot on our plates! Life is a BIT more calm so I’m appreciating it.
I have so many Asian recipes I plan to make so I’m excited for the next several weeks. It’s also fall so there will be so many seasonal recipes to whip up in my kitchen!
Vermicelli noodles are chewy and tosses well together with sauce! This sauce is mainly a curry flavor which gives the recipe a little spicy kick. It’s different since most Asian recipes use a soy sauce based sauce! This would be delicious with chicken or tofu too.
- 8 oz vermicelli noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, red or green thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- green onions chopped
- tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing chinese cooking wine can sub dry sherry or mirin
- 2 teaspoons spicy curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- pinch of black pepper
- Mix together sauce ingredients and leave to side.
- Add vermicelli into a big bowl of warm water and soak based on package instructions, then drain and leave to the side.
- Preheat a large pan to medium heat with oil and add garlic to cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then add in shrimp to cook until pink – about 2 minutes. remove and leave to side.
- Add more oil to pan and add onion and bell pepper to cook until soft – about 5 minutes. Push to the side and then crack in eggs scramble until done. add shrimp and vermicelli into pan and pour sauce on top and mix well!