Made with almond flour, fresh juicy blueberries, crushed mac nuts & a hint of maple syrup as a sweetener! All mixed together in a mug and microwaved for 90 seconds for a QUICK and delicious breakfast!
After coming back from Hawaii, I have been inspired to recreate many foods I ate there or use ingredients like macadamia nuts in my recipes!
I’ve made several other mug cakes like this lemon poppyseed mug cake and double chocolate chunk mug cake! Both are delicious and variations of one another. Mug cakes are so easy since it’s just microwaved! 🙂 It’s a breakfast that takes less than 5 minutes and I love that!
Blueberry Macadamia Nut Mug Cake (GF)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- small handful of blueberries more for topping
- small handful of macadamia nuts more for topping
- shredded coconut optional for topping
- Melt coconut oil in mug by microwaving for 15 seconds.
- Add in egg, almond butter, maple syrup, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt, blueberries and macadamia nuts to whisk together. Top with a couple more blueberries and macadamia nuts. Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Top with shredded coconut + dig in!